Open to the public in 1901, Luz Station occupies 7500 m² of Garden of Light, where the structures brought from England. There was no opening, but before long the new landmark of the city was considered a living room of.
In 1946, the building was partially destroyed by fire. Rebuilding the station is funded by the government and continued until 1951. It also went through other renovations and restorations. By 1982, its architectural complex was listed by Condephaat.