The funerary monument, located in Ibirapuera Park, began construction in 1947, was opened in 1955 but was only completed in 1970. Symbol of the Constitutionalist Revolution of 1932, the Obelisk is an Italian- Brazilian sculptor Ugo Emendabili Galileo project, with execution of the German engineer living in Brazil, Ulrich Edler, is 72 m high and is in the garden that points to the Avenida 23 de Maio, the date on which the death of the first four revolutionaries.
Listed by state and municipal councils of Heritage Preservation, the Mausoleum guard to this day the bodies of the dead students, as well as 713 ex-combatants. To preserve the memory of the rebellion, biblical scenes and passages from the state history have been made with Venetian mosaic inserts. The Mausoleum was also written the phrase ” lived while to die well, died young to live forever,” in honor of the students.