The Modernist House was the first architectural style construction in the country. Designed by Gregori Warchavchik and built in 1928, it had a major impact because it didn’t have common ornaments at the time and marks a transition from classical forms to the innovative.
One of the highlights of the house is the garden, designed by Mina Klabin, with pioneering use of tropical species. The site was listed in 1984 by heritage. After the reformulation, it was open to the public and currently offers educational activities and services.